Sunday, February 8, 2009

Just another way Google is "improving" search

After reading all the articles for tomorrow's class about Google, I found this recent article about GMail "intelligent" storage capability.

We know well that even if space limitations are less of a problem today, we cannot keep saving everything we get. I'm using 1.5 Gb of space in my gmail account but I have so much junk in it (and I am not talking about spam) that It would compare to saving every single catalog, magazine, bank statement, etc that you receive everyday in your mail box.   

I don't think is such a bad idea to have some sort of intelligent system that decides what's good to keep and what do I need to throw away. Of course I know this is kind of creepy and that a perfect solution is probably impossible to create, but, hey, I think it's worth a try.

I am sure some of you will have different/interesting points of view... let us know what you think

1 comment:

  1. Interestingly enough, I found a blog post by the CEO of betaworks : biased as it may be, it talks about the innovator's dilemma and how over-innovating in the same theme can potentially lead a company downhill esp if it is thriving on a disruptive model.

    ReplyDelete