Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Memo to CEO of Philips NA

Hi class,

I will be writing a memo to Mr.Weisenhoff, CEO of Philips North America for the following reasons:
1) Innovation and technology are the means and internal culture at Philips to improve people's lives
2) I see further opportunities enabled by usage of technology in the different divisions :
- -Healthcare: people need to have access to affordable clinical expertise (spread worldwide), many of the devices Philips creates are designed for be used at hospitals but also at home, thus easy to use designing and communication to medical and emergency services can really improve patients' care.
- - Consumer Products: design is the current competitive advantage , but I feel there is still room to enhance consumer experience by increased connectivity.
- - Lighting: creation of energy efficient solutions, empowering users to monitor use of energy. They are doing great innovations here and I see new applications of lighting as well.
3) I'll be joining Philips after graduation and as I've perceived the top management team is open to new ideas so I'll be glad to share the Memo with them.

Please feel free to share any suggestion or comment. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment